High efficient FRP cooling tower fan
The Cooling tower is a type of heat exchanger it transfers process waste heat to the atmosphere. Circulating water used to reject heat by the airflow generated by the cooling tower fan.
At Maya, we manufacture a broad range of FRP cooling tower fans. These fans are energy-efficient and achieve up to 40% power saving.
The cooling tower fan is key-equipment in the tower. It must have the following properties–
- High Performance: Cooling tower fan must deliver high performance in its full lifetime.
- Reliability: Entire process in the plants depend on the cooling tower. So in the case of CT fan failure, plant operation stops. Thus cooling tower fan must have the highest reliability.
- Fan Constructions: Cooling tower fans must have robust construction as it has to run 24 hr 365 days.
- Fan Efficiency: These cooling tower fans are high energy consumption equipment. So to save energy, the fan must have the highest-efficiency.
We know the operating environment of the cooling tower fan is full of corrosion. It proves fiber-reinforced plastic “FRP” as the best material for cooling tower fans. FRP is light in weight and high in strength as well as it is having excellent resistance to corrosion. So it must be a primary focus to use FRP fan for high efficiency.
Specification of our cooling tower fan
Up to 40% power saving in CT fan
Fan Diameter range in foot
Airflow range Up To
Number Of Blades Up to
RPM range up to
Static Pressure in mm of wg
Power saving opportunity with energy-saving FRP cooling tower fans
In power plant cooling tower fans are among the highest energy consumption equipment so even a small saving in fan power is an achievement.
The fan is a cooling tower part that is easiest and cheapest to modify and having a high impact on the performance.
- Power Saving Against metallic fan is up to 40%
- Saving against conventional FRP fans is up to 25%
- And saving against our own fan installed before 2015 is up to 20%
Payback period is as low as 8-3 month
Zero cost solution
Cooling Tower Fan Key Feature
High Efficient FRP fan impeller.
Low Operating Costs.
Up to 40% power saving against conventional fans.
Long Life fan Construction.
Good Performance in all weather conduction.
Zero Downtime with minimum care.
Fast emergency response.
Very low payback period in case of replacement of existing fan.
Hollow blade construction Reduce fan weight and increase life of mechanical components.
Zero Cost Solution for power saving opportunity.
Why choose Maya Cooling Tower fan?
Low Operating Costs
- Maya High efficient airfoil blade design
- Optimization of twist cord and cross-section provide high efficiency.
- The involvement of the most advanced composite material. Reduces turbulence and produces smooth linear airflow.
- Best design for the duty point No over-sizing of the fan.
- High ratio of the coefficient of lift to the coefficient of drag.
Efficiency and performance
- The aerodynamic hub provided with a fan.
- It functions like an airplane nose.
- High airflow delivery due to zero re-circulation.
- The fan surface is mirror finish it delivers laminar flow over the blade length.
- The option is available for high to very high-pressure fans.
- Less power consumption to deliver the same airflow.
- Low payback period in case of replacement of existing fan.
- High performance in all weather and environment.
- Zero Cost Solution for power saving opportunity.
Long Life Construction
- Most of the parts made of Heavy-duty composite and hot-dip galvanized material. It meets the corrosion resistance and equipment life requirements of heavy industrial applications. While still delivering an outstanding value.
- A lightweight impeller, thus, increases the life of all the mechanical components.
- Cooling tower Fans are also available with Series 300 stainless steel. It is an optional upgrade that comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
- Maya cooling tower Fans manufactured in ISO-2015 certified facilities. It attests to our commitment to comprehensive quality processes and systems.
Fast emergency response.
- Ready-made fan available.
- The minimum stock of the fan spare maintained.
- Low manufacturing time because of zero outsourcing.
- An expert team available for fan installation.
Quiet by Design
- The composite blade has a glossy surface finish that offers smooth airflow.
- low tip speed design (Noise is directly proportioned to tip speed).
- No outsourcing full quality control thus achieves the least tip clearance.
- Special design available for extra low noise fan which can reduce noise up to 10 dba compares to conventional fans.
Performance for All Seasons
The fan is a constant flow machine. To maintain its performance, despite critical variation in weather our fans designed for a broad range of operations. Our fans are having a good amount of reserve margin for both airflow and static pressure. Thus fan performs throughout the year in all types of seasons.
Low Maintenance/Less Downtime
- Maya FRP cooling tower fans made of high-quality material and robust design.
- Maya design fan for low operating tip speed, it increases system life and also reduces the chance of failure.
- Unlike the painted fan, we do provide a permanent coating of a gel coat that remains an integral part of the fan blade body. And it does not get separated due to erosion.
Quality and construction
- Hollow blade construction Reduces fan weight which reduces starting torque.
- Lightweight FRP blade increased life of mechanical component i.e. cooling tower fan gearbox, driveshaft, motor, and bearings.
- Excellent corrosion resistance with consistent performance even after a long time of operation.
- Cooling tower fan assembly is statically balanced as per ISO 1940 grade 6.3 or 2.5 if required.
- Small fans of up to 10 feet diameter are dynamically balanced.
- The fan has reduced vibration due to closed-circuit operation.
- Long life of fan due to reduced vibration and fatigue.
- Low noise operation due to laminar flow and less vibration.
- Updated fan manufacturing Facility and no outsourcing thus better control on quality.
- The latest technologies used to improve the product and manufacturing process of fans.
- The option is available for low to very low-noise cooling tower fans, with a blade of up to 1.2-meter chord width.
Unlock All Feature Of Cooling Tower Fan With Our Special Feature Presentation
FEW OF OUR PRESTIGIOUS COOLING TOWER FANS CUSTOMER
Frequently Asked Question
What is a Cooling tower?
The cooling tower is an equipment used to cool a large amount of process water, by producing artificial rain or thin film of hot water to increase the surface area of the hot water and then exposed it to the air which may flow naturally or by the means of mechanical powered fan called cooling tower fan.
How does the cooling tower works?
Cooling towers work on the principle of evaporation where a high-energy molecule leaves the system and the resultant energy of the remaining molecules reduced.
How cooling tower fan works?
The working principle of the fan is the same as an aeroplane.
The only difference is in-plane lift use to push the plane upward whereas in fan lift used to through the air. Cooling tower fans also use the same principle as an aerofoil. And because it operates 24 Hours and has to displace a large amount of air, therefore, it is a must-use most efficient airfoil in the fan blade. Know more about the cooling tower fan here.
What Is an Evaporative cooling tower fan?
Cooling towers work on the principle of evaporation, so the fan used in such a tower called an evaporative cooling tower fan. Know more about cooling tower fans here.
Cooling tower fan blade angle calculation.
The blade angle of any fan cannot be, calculated it is an outcome of the fan design and it can be, selected from the fan performance curve as per the required performance of fan (i.e. airflow, static pressure, RPM, and power).
Cooling tower vibration cause and solution
The source of vibration in a cooling tower is a fan, and the biggest reason for fan vibration is an imbalance, despite this fan tracking, higher tip clearance, and various frequency resonance can also cause high fan vibration.
Imbalance and tracking can be addressed at the site, whereas tip clearance is the property of fan shroud, whereas other frequency related issues need high technical know-how to find the cause.
And these issues can solve by changing the number of blades in a fan or the blade profile.
At Maya, we strictly follow the ISO 1940 for fan balancing and each cooling tower fan/Blade statically/Blade moment balance and hub are dynamically balance to avoid any such occurrence.
Reason for cooling tower fan failure?
In general FRP cooling tower fans are robust and strong enough to carry any load if the structural design is OK.
So the reason for fans failure could be –
- Manufacturing fault.
- Improper design.
- Improper selection – This is the main reason for failure as per our observation. Most of the manufacturer having limited blade design. So they force those blade for all the application and duty points. But over a while cooling tower pressure increase very much, and the old fan blades are not able to fulfil the duty point and prone to fail )
Specification of the cooling tower fan.
The main parameter for fan selection are –
- Air Flow requirement.
- The static pressure of the system.
- RPM in case of existing motor/gearbox (or let the manufacturer suggest)
These are the key parameter other than this air density, fan diameter restriction, motor rating, number of blades, operating temperature, recovery height, type of installation direction of rotation is also an important parameter.
What are various cooling tower operating cost?
<!– wp:paragraph –>
<p>Following are the various operating cost for cooling tower- </p>
<!– /wp:paragraph –>
<!– wp:paragraph –>
<p>Electricity for fan and motor.<br>Makeup water.<br>Cooling tower water treatment chemical.<br>Maintenance cost.<br>Mainly cooling tower jobs include cleaning of different components and maintenance of fan significantly reduced by installing the robust fan.</p>
<!– /wp:paragraph –>
Effect of the fan on cooling tower water temperature!
Initially during cooling tower design fills media is having a maximum effect on the water temperature but once the tower is installed and working the fan is the only device that affects the performance of the tower.
What is the various application of cooling tower?
- The cooling tower in the power plant is the largest equipment by space.
- A cooling tower for ac or HVAC
- Cooling tower with any types of machine which need cold water to maintain temperature.
How to measure cooling tower fan performance?
For performance measurement, cooling tower institute code 143 are used.
We recommend cooling tower cold water temperature should be considered while comparing two different fans, in case of common sump rainwater temperature should be considered.