High efficient FRP cooling tower fans
The Cooling tower is a type of heat exchanger it transfers process waste heat to the atmosphere.
Circulating water used to reject heat by the airflow generated by cooling tower fans.
At Maya, we manufacture a broad range of FRP cooling tower fans. These fans are energy-efficient and achieve up to 40% power saving.
The cooling tower is Key equipment in all its application.
- In refineries, equipment use flowing water to cool fluids and absorb process heat. The heat load of such equipment is very high, and operation is not possible without proper disposal of it. So This process water-cooled by Cooling towers for reuse.
- In power plant cooling tower is large equipment. It required high operating power.
- In-process and chemical industries machines depend on the tower to maintain is temperature.
- Building and malls, having cooling tower to reject the heat of airconditioning equipment.
Therefore we should know how efficient is our cooling tower fans? And how to get the best fan for the tower?
We know the operating environment of the cooling tower fan is full of corrosion. It prove fibre-reinforced plastic “FRP” is the best material for cooling tower fans. FRP is light in weight and high in strength as well as it is having excellent resistance to corrosion. So it must be a primary focus to use FRP fan for high efficiency.
Specification of our cooling tower fan
Up to 40% power saving in CT fan
Fan Diameter range in foot
Airflow range Up To
Number Of Blades Up to
RPM range up to
Static Pressure in mm of wg
Construction of cooling tower fan component
- Jointless construction with E glass fibre and epoxy resin.
- The anti-static fibre used for blade manufacturing.
- All the blades made with core for high load capacity.
- A combination of various fibre used to achieve superior strength.
Fan Hub/boss –
- Hot-dip galvanized MS plate or SS plates.
- FE – 200 cast iron block or Aluminum block.
- FE – 200 cast iron central bush.
- Hardware SS163, SS304.
Aerodynamic hub – made of E-glass anti-static fibre, having UV protection. it is available in the segment for ease of transportation.
Unlock All Feature Of Cooling Tower Fan With Our Special Feature Presentation
FEW OF OUR PRESTIGIOUS COOLING TOWER FANS CUSTOMER
Frequently Asked Question
Cooling tower definition.
The simplest definition could be, it is a type of heat exchanger which cools water flowing in it.
How does cooling tower works ?
Cooling tower work on the principle of evaporation where a high energy molecule leaves the system and resultant energy of the remaining molecules reduced.
How cooling tower fan works ?
Evaporative cooling tower fan.
Cooling towers work on the principle of evaporation, so the fan used in such a tower called an evaporative cooling tower fan.
Cooling tower fan blade angle calculation
Blade angle of any fan cannot be, calculated it is an outcome of the fan design and it can be, selected from the fan performance curve as per the required performance of fan (i.e. airflow, static pressure, RPM, and power).
Cooling tower vibration cause and solution
The source of vibration in a cooling tower is a fan, and the biggest reason for fan vibration is an imbalance, despite this fan tracking, higher tip clearance, and various frequency resonance can also cause high fan vibration.
Imbalance and tracking can be addressed at the site, whereas tip clearance is the property of fan shroud, whereas other frequency related issues need high technical knowhow to find the cause.
And these issues can solve by changing the number of blades in a fan or the blade profile.
Reason for cooling tower fan failure
In general FRP cooling tower, fans are very robust and strong enough to carry any load if the structural design is OK.
So the reason for fans failure are
- Manufacturing fault.
- Improper design.
- Improper selection – This is the main reason we observed most of the manufacturer having limited blade design, so they force those blade for all the application but over a while cooling tower pressure increase very much, and the old fan blades are not able to fulfil the duty point and prone to fail )
Cooling tower fan specification
The main parameter for fan selection are –
- Air Flow requirement.
- The static pressure of the system.
- RPM in case of existing motor/gearbox (or let the manufacturer suggest)
These are the key parameter other than this air density, fan diameter restriction, motor rating, number of blades, operating temperature, recovery height, type of installation direction of rotation is also an important parameter.
Effect of fan on cooling tower water temperature !
Initially during cooling tower design fills media is having a maximum effect on the water temperature but once the tower is installed and working the fan is the only device that affects the performance of the tower.
What are various cooling tower operating cost ?
Electricity for fan and motor.
Cooling tower water treatment chemical.
Mainly cooling tower jobs include cleaning of different components and maintenance of fan significantly reduced by installing the robust fan.
How to measure cooling tower fan performance
For performance measurement, cooling tower institute code 143 are used.
We recommend cooling tower cold water temperature should be considered while comparing two different fans, in case of common sump rainwater temperature should be considered.
What are various application of cooling tower ?
- Cooling tower in the power plant is the largest equipment by space.
- A cooling tower for ac or HVAC
- Cooling tower with any types of machine which need cold water to maintain temperature.